Key lime pie no-churn ice cream is everything a summer treat should be. It’s cool, creamy, tangy, and of course, sweet! Made with fresh key limes, graham crackers, and a cream cheese swirl, this dessert is truly key lime pie in ice cream form.
When it comes to summer desserts, it doesn’t get easier or more delicious than this no-churn key lime pie ice cream! Made with just five simple basic ingredients, this one-bowl dessert is a total crowd-pleaser! Heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, key limes, cream cheese, and graham crackers combine to create a treat so tangy and sweet, that no one will be able to resist it!
Want to know what the best part about this homemade creamy ice cream recipe is? You don’t need any special equipment to make it! Just grab your trusty electric mixer, and in a matter of minutes, you’ll have a decadent key lime pie ice cream that’s ready to be frozen. Plus, this simple recipe is a fantastic way to use up any leftover limes you may have lying around. Trust me, your friends and family will be amazed at this cool, creamy spin on a classic summer pie!
· Key Limes—The zest and juice of these Florida limes will add the perfect amount of fragrant tartness. The zest really amplifies the natural flavor of the lime. I always prefer to use real key lime juice instead of bottled juice.
· Graham Crackers—Mimic the classic sweet and cinnamony flavors of a crunchy graham cracker crust.
· Cream Cheese—Adds richness and creaminess. Can be easily omitted or swapped out for your favorite dairy-free alternative.
· Heavy Whipping Cream—Acts as the smooth and creamy base for this no churn ice cream.
· Sweetened Condensed Milk—Adds the perfect amount of sweetness to this tart and tangy dessert.
What is No Churn Method Ice Cream?
The no-churn ice cream method is a quick and easy way to make all your favorite ice cream flavors at home! Unlike traditional ice cream (which is made by cooking and churning a custard base), no-churn ice cream can be made with just two simple ingredients and an electric mixer.
All you’ll need to get started is some heavy whipping cream, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and a hand or stand mixer! Then, in a matter of minutes, you’ll have a rich and creamy homemade ice cream base that can be customized with your favorite add-ins and flavors.
Equipment You’ll Need
Don’t stress about investing in a home ice cream machine! Instead, all you’ll need to create this rich and creamy key lime pie ice cream is a hand mixer, a large mixing bowl, a rubber spatula, a metal loaf pan, and some measuring cups and spoons.
How to Make Key Lime Ice Cream
Step 1. Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2. Add the sweetened condensed milk and lime zest and use a rubber spatula to fold everything together. Set aside.
Step 3. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and key lime juice until smooth.
Step 4. Gently swirl the cream cheese mixture and crushed graham crackers throughout the key lime base.
Step 5. Transfer the no-churn key lime pie ice cream to a metal loaf tin, cover it, and allow it to set completely in the freezer.
Step 6. Scoop, serve, and enjoy this delicious summer ice cream flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions
Key limes, also known as Florida limes or Mexican limes, are smaller than regular limes and lighter in color. Key limes are slightly less tart and have a more concentrated flavor than traditional limes. In a pinch, however, you can easily use the zest and juice of regular limes in this recipe!
Traditional key lime pies boast a tart and tangy filling made of sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and key lime juice and zest. This key lime ice cream mimics these classic flavors by including key lime juice, key lime zest, and sweetened condensed milk. The cream cheese also helps to imitate the richness and tanginess of a key lime pie.
Absolutely! Simply swap regular graham crackers for a gluten-free variety or omit them entirely.
No-churn key lime pie ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer. This sweet treat should stay good for up to 3 months if stored properly.
I find that this key lime pie ice cream is best served in a waffle cone topped with freshly whipped cream on a hot summer day. It is also tasty when scooped into a bowl and garnished with additional lime zest or graham cracker crumbs.
Looking For More Ice Cream Recipes?
Looking for more ice cream creations? Have a love of lemons? Then this lemon curd ice cream is your go-to. Have some extra apples from your harvest? Then this apple ice cream is for you. It's hard not to love a great scoop of ice cream once in a while.
Expert Tips and Tricks
· This ice cream freezes very hard, so you’ll want to ensure it thaws on the counter for at least 15 minutes before scooping and serving.
· Want to give this ice cream a pop of color? Try adding a few drops of green food coloring to the whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk mixture.
· For a tropical, dairy-free twist on this dessert, try making your ice cream base with whipped coconut cream and coconut sweetened condensed milk!
No Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1½ cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Limes Zest of limes
- 5 Limes Juice of limes
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - Softened
- 8 Graham Cracker Squares
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and lime zest. Set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together the lime juice and cream cheese.
- Swirl the cream cheese mixture throughout the ice cream base.
- Crush the graham crackers into coarse crumbs and swirl these throughout the mixture.
- Transfer the ice cream to a metal loaf tin and allow it to set in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
- Because of the cream cheese swirl, this ice cream tends to freeze very hard. Be sure to let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes before scooping and serving.
- You can easily swap out the key limes for the zest of 1 and the juice of 3 regular limes.
- I used store-bought graham crackers in this recipe, but you could use homemade or gluten-free instead!
- Give this ice cream a fun pop of color by adding a bit of green food coloring.
Subscribe to my free newsletter to get new baking tips in your inbox monthly. Find me sharing new recipes and tips on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What that means is if you click on one of our affiliate links, they may toss a few pennies our way for a commission.
Leave a Reply