The best kind of bread is the quick and easy kind. This delicious Mango Bread has diced fresh sweet mangos and almonds with lime juice and zest mixed in! There's no need to knead or wait for your dough before baking because this easy mango bread only takes minutes from start to finish (less if you use a stand mixer). So you will be able to enjoy fresh homemade quick bread every time without any hassle at all.
It's mango season, and I couldn't resist picking up a few mangos. This year, we came back from Hawaii with a love for mango bread, so I decided to whip one up now that we are back home.
Most of the ones on the islands use mango puree, but I love mango slices, so I decided to go with chopped mangos instead of mango purée. It's also a great way to use up any remaining ripe mangoes you may have.
All Purpose Flour
Baking Soda & Salt
Lime Zest & Juice
White Sugar & Light Brown Sugar
Large Fresh Mango cut into about ½" mango chunks
If you don't have almond extract, you could substitute it with vanilla extract.
If mango bread isn't your thing, we have a great chocolate banana bread that is just as easy.
Instructions To Make Mango Loaf Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (bread pan) or use cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add sugars and mix.
- Whisk the egg with buttermilk, oil, honey, almond extract, lime juice, and lime zest in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. You can use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or stir by hand with a spatula in a large bowl. Be sure not to overmix.
- Fold in the chopped mangos and almonds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Storage Of The Mango Bread
This bread has about a 5-day shelf life if you leave it on the counter once cooked. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container. You could also keep this in the refrigerator to get a couple of more days of life from it.
Mango bread freezes well. You can wrap it with plastic wrap and then cover it with foil or place it in a ziplock freezer resealable bag. Keep frozen for up to three months. When ready to enjoy, remove it from the oven and let it sit on the counter until thawed and ready to eat.
Related Bread Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like this recipe, please say so in the comments below. Thank you!
- 1¾ cups AP Flour (250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
- 6 tablespoon Sugar (75 grams)
- 6 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar (80 grams)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk (240 mL)
- ⅓ cup Canola Oil (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Large Mango - Peeled and chopped into small cubes
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add sugars and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with buttermilk, oil, honey, almond extract, lime juice and lime zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped mangos and almonds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake the loaf for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove the bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Looking For More Recipes?
Subscribe to my free newsletter to get new baking tips in your inbox monthly. Find me sharing new recipes and tips on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What that means is if you click on one of our affiliate links, they may toss a few pennies our way for a commission.
My kids and I absolutely loved this bread! So delicious!!!
Amber S Battishill says
This looks delicious! I bet the big chunks of mango add so much yummy flavor!
Such a unique recipe incorporating mango!
Mango and bread? I couldn’t wait to try this on the weekend. I made it late night last night and it was just amazing
Amanda Scarlati says
Loved this mango bread, super moist and great flavor!
I have to try this! It sounds so amazing!
Such a delicious and moist bread. Yum!
Lizet Bowen says
We have a few mango trees on our property, and this bread has become our favorite snack.
I use to have mango trees on my property when I lived in HI. I miss it!
This mango bread is so delicious! And it was fun to make
Super simple to make which is one of the reasons I love it!
Wow! this Mango Bread is a perfect combo for my coffee.:) Thanks!
So glad you enjoyed it!
Oh wow! Ive never tried nor seen a mango bread. This is very interesting. Id love to try this someday when mangoes are available.
I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance!