I was cleaning out my paperwork from a recent conference I had attended and pulled out a beautiful marketing piece from Baileys that I had picked up during the conference. This immediately brought back memories of their Sweet Italian Biscotti Cream that we mixed with iced coffee all day long. Definitely ranging on the addiction side of life. So good!
I knew I could bake with it, but didn’t quite know what to do with it. It seemed like one could make the perfect afternoon snack. I thought a quick easy monkey bread with the dough dipped into the cream like french toast prior to baking could be nice. The dipping gave the dough a rich sweet flavor.
So I gathered some ingredients and went to work. This entire recipe took under ten minutes to put together then baked in the oven for about 35 minutes. But wow! What a great snack or an even better morning breakfast treat.
- 1 cup Baileys Sweet Italian Biscotti Cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cans Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Dip each biscuit in the cream mixture and place in the tube pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and distributed in the pan.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar and pour evenly over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Pull apart to serve.