In less than 10 minutes and with ingredients you likely have on hand, you can whip up the best homemade brownies you’ve ever had. One weekend I cleaned out my pantry and had just enough ingredients to make a batch of chocolate brownies. Once I had a bite of these rich, chocolate filled brownies I knew I had to share the recipe.
Sometimes you need a dessert recipe that is quick and easy to make. If you’re running short on time these homemade brownies are a great go-to! Pair these fudgy chocolate brownies with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream on the side and you’ll have a dessert your family can’t get enough of.
The Best Homemade Brownies
With only 7 ingredients, you’ll have these brownies mixed and in the oven in 10 minutes. You’ll never think to buy boxed brownie mix again because this recipe will be your go-to homemade brownie recipe. These homemade chocolate brownies are rich, dense, with just enough crisp on top. I’d be impressed if these brownies last longer than a day!
This brownie recipe uses only 7 ingredients. We use lots of butter and eggs for the richness they bring to the brownies. I feel like I say this in every recipe, but chocolate matters. Using good quality chocolate will result in even better brownies.
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Salt Vanilla
- Bread Flour
- Walnuts (Optional)
How to Make Homemade Brownies
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter. Let it cool.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla
- Blend your chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture.
- Sift your flour and fold it into the batter until combined.
- If you’re adding nuts, fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared quarter sheet pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
Best Brownie Tips
- Better chocolate creates better brownies. We used El Rey 70% Dark Chocolate for this recipe. Any good quality bittersweet chocolate will work for this. I’d suggest Valrhona or even Guittard.
- It’s better to take brownies out of the oven a little early rather than over bake. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Wait until the brownies cool before cutting them. I know it’s hard to wait, at least it was for me. Letting your brownies cool helps them firm up a bit. Plus, and they won’t crumble when you cut them.
We used El Rey 70% chocolate. Go with your favorite quality bittersweet chocolate. Anything with a chocolate percentage higher than 60% would make a rich flavorful brownie.
Absolutely, we added walnuts. You could easily use pecans as well.
Yes, definitely. Metal pans will give your edges a bit more crisper crust. If you use a glass pan, add about 5 more minutes to the baking time. All ovens are different, so keep watch to make sure you don’t over bake the brownies..
Store your brownies in an airtight container for 1-2 days at room temperature.
Yes! Wrap well in plastic and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking For More Recipes?
The Best Homemade Brownies
- 4 oz El Rey Rio Caribe Macuro 70% Dark Chocolate. Or any other bittersweet chocolate will work
- 6 oz Butter
- 6 oz Eggs
- 12 oz Sugar
- .06 oz Salt
- .25 oz Vanilla
- 4 oz Bread Flour
- 4 oz Walnut (optional)
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Spray and line a 1/4 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter together using a double boiler to melt chocolate gently, and then let mixture cool before using.
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Sift flour and fold in.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared 1/4 sheet pan and bake for about 30 minutes
- Let the brownies cool before cutting into them.
Here are a few of our best chocolate recipes and tips:
- Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Rum Banana Bread
- Gluten Free White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What that means is if you click on one of our affiliate links, they may toss a few pennies our way for a commission.