This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is easy, delicious, and full of just the right amount of pumpkin flavor for those who want something different this holiday season. This silky smooth cheesecake is the perfect way to enjoy a fall treat and will be an instant family favorite.
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Raise your hand if you pot an Instant Pot on Black Friday! Have you used it yet? Instant Pot cheesecake is incredibly creamy and it’s so simple to do.
Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and I swear I have no idea where the last year went! It’s been almost a year since we got the Instant Pot on Black Friday. It doesn’t scare me anymore to use it, so that’s a good thing. I love all the desserts that I get out of it. I have yet to use the one I bought for anything but desserts. I keep saying I’m going to have to get one for the house so I can cook regular meals with it. Maybe this Black Friday? Come on Amazon, I need a sale!
I’m a big fan of cheesecakes made in the Instant Pot. This is my first pumpkin anything from the gadget, but I would say this is a pretty tasty easy pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It would be great for any Thanksgiving dessert that you may need. This is simple to make and fairly quick.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Ground almonds
- Cream cheese
- Dark brown sugar
- Egg yolk
- Sour cream
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
We got pumpkins this year in our farmhouse delivery and so I roasted them up and pureed them to make my own homemade pumpkin puree. I love the taste and find it so much better than the canned stuff. But I know holidays are approaching and time is important. So if you want a quick and easy, just open the can. It’s still good! Just be sure to buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into a 7″ springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the cheesecake batter and pour it into the pan.
- Add two cups of water and a trivet to the Instant Pot and carefully lower in the unbaked cheesecake and cover with foil.
- Seal the lid and cook at high pressure for 27 minutes followed by a natural pressure release.
- Chill overnight in the fridge.
I made the crust with graham cracker crumbs. But you could easily substitute graham crackers for those little Biscoff Cookies. The cinnamon and brown sugar cookie flavor would be a great crust for the cake. I didn’t realize how good those were until I started flying American Airlines so much this year and they always hand out those cookies on the morning flights. So good with coffee. Now if they could just make a good coffee, I may never want to get off the plane.
Also another note about the pans you use in the Instant Pot. I have a 7-Inch Round Springform Pan. It’s the same equipment I used to create the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe. After a few comments on that recipe about spill over when cooking, we discovered that all 7″ pans are not the same height. So if you make this leave a little room at the top for the rise of the cake. About an inch should get you enough room so you don’t have spill over.
More Pumpkin Desserts to Try:
Looking For More Recipes To Try?
I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do! Please share in the comments and let us know if you make this easy pumpkin cheesecake. Happy Holidays!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground almonds toasted and cooled
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg room temperature
- 2 egg yolk room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Spray the 7″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to lift the cheesecake in and out of the instant pot.
- In a food processor combine the graham crackers, almonds, cinnamon and the butter.
- Pour the crumb butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and pat until even and going up the sides of the pan. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese with dark brown and white sugar.
- Once combined, add one egg followed by the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the sour cream and pumpkin.
- Continually scrape the bowl down. Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and flour and mix until creamy.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and slowly lower into the Instant Pot.
- Loosely cover the cheesecake with a foil lid to prevent moisture buildup on the top of the cake.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 27 minutes.
- Once done, turn machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use sling to transfer pan to cooling rack for an hour.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What that means is if you click on one of our affiliate links, they may toss a few pennies our way for a commission.