If you are a fan of Cheesecake Factory then you will know this seasonal delight. The Instant Pot white chocolate peppermint bark cheesecake topped with a white chocolate mousse. Oh yeah…that one…
Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
If you have been following along then you know our love of the Instant Pot and the ability to make great desserts quickly. We started with the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, then whipped up a Pumpkin Cheesecake for Thanksgiving. It only seemed logical that we continue with Christmas.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cheesecake is a fan favorite at the Cheesecake Factory during the holidays but you can make it at home any time. This Instant Pot White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cheesecake is easy and delicious. We won’t even tell if you decide to make this in the middle of the summer!
Ingredients in this Instant Pot Christmas Cheesecake
- Oreo Cookies
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- White chocolate
- AP flour
- Peppermint Bark
- White chocolate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Peppermint extract
We tested this recipe a few times and had a few different results based on the chocolate used. When I used a high quality European chocolate we had a few problems with the chocolate seizing up and texturally it was wrong for a cheesecake. After a few experiments we ended up going with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips. Since we were using them for the white chocolate we the figured that we may as well use their Peppermint Bark also. By all means you could easily make your own bark and use in the recipe. Just make sure the peppermint is finely chopped.
How to make Instant Pot White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
It is so easy and impressive to make cheesecake in the Instant Pot. It comes out perfect every single time.
- Make the cookie crust and press it into the springform pan. Freeze for about 10 minutes to set.
- Use a mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar then add the eggs one at a time. Follow with the remaining ingredients but hand fold the peppermint bark into the mixture.
- Add water to the instant pot and lower in the pan. Cover lightly with foil.
- Process at high pressure for 27 minutes followed by a 15 minute natural pressure release.
- Allow to cool for one hour before refrigerating overnight.
- Prepare the mousse and spread it on to the cheesecake.
- Allow it to set before serving.
When the recipe specifies melted white chocolate, just melt it a bit in the microwave. Enough to melt the chips but it doesn’t need to be over heated to boiling hot. White chocolate is delicate and overheating it results in a horrible texture.
For the crust we used the entire Oreo. Filling and all. I kept the crust low instead of running the crust some up the sides. I just wanted a little more elegant look. But if you don’t care about that and just love Oreos, then run some of the crust up the sides like our other instant pot recipe calls for.
We used a six quart Instant Pot to make the recipe with a 7-Inch Round Springform Pan. And from past comments we learned that not all 7″ pans are the same height. So just make sure not to overfill your pan. I used the entire recipe in my pan with no spill overs. But if your pan is a bit shorter, make sure to leave some room for the cake rise so you don’t have spill over in the pot.
We also made the mousse the next day. You could make it the same day just make sure the cheesecake is cold before putting the mousse on top.
This holiday cheesecake recipe makes a great Christmas day dessert or would be a crowd stopper for any event over the holidays. I also found that if a clean cut is what you need for presentation, we froze the cheesecake for about an hour after putting the mousse on. I have to photograph it and clean cuts are super important for the visual. But if you want to cut small pieces and want them to be beautiful, this helps with the cut.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Christmas Cheesecake as much as we do. Please share if you end up making this. We would love to hear how it worked for you.
More Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
Looking for more recipes?
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 pound 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 ounces white chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon AP flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces peppermint bark chopped
- 2 oz white chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Spray the 7″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to lift the cheesecake in and out of the instant pot.
- In a food processor combine the whole Oreo cookies and the butter.
- Pour the crumb butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and pat until even. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese with the sugar.
- Once combined, add eggs one at a time followed by the egg yolk.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Continually scrape the bowl down. Add vanilla and flour and mix until creamy.
- Stir in the peppermint bark by hand.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and slowly lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover cheesecake loosely with a piece of foil to prevent moisture from getting on to the top of the cake.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 27 minutes.
- Once done, turn machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use sling to transfer pan to cooling rack for an hour.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Melt chocolate and let cool.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks and then add sugar. Continue mixing on high until stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add chocolate and peppermint extract.
- By hand, fold cream cheese mixture into whip cream mixture. Do not overmix.
- Spread onto the cheesecake and let set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. What that means is if you click on one of our affiliate links they may toss a few pennies our way for a commission.