Rich, creamy, cheesecake, topped with raspberry mousse; this is a serious chocolate fix, and it looks pretty darn impressive. This Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake with raspberry mousse is probably one of the most decadent desserts you are going to have this year!
Decadent Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake At Home
We don't usually do too much during Valentine's at my house, but a great dessert is a priority after dinner that night. It's always so crowded at restaurants and seems like prices constantly increase just for this night, so because of this, home is where I tend to hang out.
When I came across some gorgeous fresh raspberries, I knew they would pair perfectly with chocolate cheesecake. And since pressure cooker cheesecake is so easy to make I knew it would be the perfect indulgent dessert for a Valentine's night in.
Tips for Cooking Instant Pot Cheesecake
This is a very simple Instant Pot cheesecake recipe and the cheesecake is dense and delicious.
We use a 7-Inch Round Non-Stick Springform Pan for the recipe, but it's important to note that not all 7" pans are not created equal. We found some discrepancies between the height of the sides in different brands of springform pans. So, if you don't have the same brand as what I'm using, that's fine; just be sure to not overfill your pan, or cheesecake may overflow during cooking and run down the side of your pan. First, it's a mess when that happens, and second, it's a waste of darn good chocolate. So if you have a different model, just leave about a ½" from the top.
We covered the top of the cheesecake with foil during the cooking process. A loose wrap is all you need. If you wrap the foil so tight that nothing gets in, you will need to extend the cooking time. If you have excess moisture after cooking, then just dab it with a napkin to remove the excess water.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Mousse
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Dark brown sugar
- White sugar
- Whole egg
- Egg yolks
- Sour cream
- 53% - 60% Chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- White chocolate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Raspberry puree
When making cheesecake use room temperature ingredients. Allow the eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream to come to room temperature and allow the chocolate to cool after melting. This will ensure that you have a smooth and creamy cheesecake every time.
We used chocolate in the 53% - 60% range. The brand doesn't matter, if you have a favorite use it. For the white chocolate in the mousse, we used Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chips. Again, if you have a favorite, go ahead and use it. The important thing here is to not over melt the white chocolate. When the time comes, just put it in the microwave for 10 second intervals. Stir after each 10 seconds and only go long enough to melt it.
For the recipe, we used a raspberry puree. Now during the summertime, I may switch to a strawberry puree if I can find great strawberries during the season. To make your own puree, just put the raspberries in your food processor and pulse until they are liquid. Depending on the size of your raspberries, it may take a full pint size container of raspberries to get this much puree. If you don't want clumps strain through a cheesecloth to remove any clumps and there you go. I kept the larger pieces in my mousse. Just depends on what you like.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
- Prepare the crust and press into the springform pan. Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the cheesecake filling and pour into the springform pan being sure to leave at least ½ inch at the top of the pan.
- Pour two cups of water into the bottom of the instant pot and lower in your springform pan using a tinfoil sling.
- Cover and set to seal and cook at high pressure for 28 minutes. Note: This does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to reach full pressure.
- Allow for a 15-minute natural pressure release before opening the instant pot and removing the cheesecake.
- Cool overnight in the fridge before topping with mousse and fresh raspberries.
If raspberries just aren't your thing, we also have a triple chocolate cheesecake instant pot recipe topped with chocolate ganache or a white chocolate peppermint cheesecake.
More Decedent Dessert Recipes
Looking For More Recipes?
Subscribe to my free newsletter to get new baking tips in your inbox monthly. Find me sharing new recipes and tips on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook.
Please share if you end up making this pressure cooker cheesecake recipe. Always love hearing how it turns out.
Raspberry Mousse Chocolate Cheesecake
- 15 whole Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoon of unsalted butter melted then cooled
- 1 lb room temperature cream cheese At least 2 hours at room temp
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 whole egg - room temperature
- 2 egg yolks - room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 oz chocolate 53% - 60% Melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 oz white chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 ounce raspberry puree
- Extra raspberries for the top decoration
- Spray the 7" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to lift the cheesecake in and out of the instant pot.
- In a food processor combine the whole Oreo cookies and the butter.
- Pour the crumb butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and pat until even and going up the sides of the pan. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese with dark brown and white sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Once combined, add one egg followed by the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the melted chocolate and sour cream.
- Continually scrape the bowl down. Add vanilla and flour and mix until creamy.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and slowly lower into the Instant Pot. Loosely cover cheesecake with a piece of foil to prevent moisture buildup.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 28 minutes.
- Once done, turn machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use sling to transfer pan to cooling rack for an hour.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Melt chocolate and let cool.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks and then add sugar. Continue mixing on high until stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add chocolate and raspberry puree.
- By hand, fold cream cheese mixture into whip cream mixture. Do not overmix.
- Spread onto the cheesecake and let set in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item after clicking on the link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This is at no extra cost to you, and as always, all opinions and recommendations are my own.
Jan Armstrong says
Can this be cooked in the oven? I don't have an Instant Pot and I don't want to buy one just to make this recipe. I've been making cheesecake in the oven for years and don't want to spend money on an Instant Pot just for this one recipe. Looking forward to your reply because I see that other people asked this same question, but there has been no reply. Thank you for answering my question. Have a blessed day and I enjoy your site.
Yes, you definitely can cook this in the oven. I'd go with a 325°F oven. Make sure to use a water bath and wrap your springform pan bottom with foil to prevent water seepage. I'd bake for about 50-60 minutes. You are looking for an internal temperature of 150°F with an instant thermometer.
A wonderful new way to enjoy decadent cheesecake, thanks for sharing.
Lindsay Howerton-Hastings says
This is a perfect recipe; we gobbled it up!
This recipe looks great, can't wait to try it.
Emily Krill says
Great recipe. So decadent!
This raspberry mousse chocolate cheesecake looks delicious.
Amanda Scarlati says
This cheesecake was so good! Love the raspberry mousse especially. Thanks!
Emily Flint says
My new favorite dessert!
I love the oreo crust!
This cheesecake is so decadent and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
Very good cheesecake!
Chocolate and Raspberries were made for each other, perfect combination! The cake looks amazing.
Thanks so much Biana!
How would I cook this in an oven if I don’t have a pressure cooker.
I made this cheesecake for Valentine’s Day and it was a huge hit!! My wife, who normally doesn’t care much for dessert, ate two pieces. I made the crust from cocoa powder but otherwise followed your recipe.
Thank you for sharing the recipe 😀
Have you ever put the ganache from the triple chocolate cheesecake on top of this? The ganache was amamzing! Wondering if there's a way to add it to this recipe? Thoughts?
Yes, you could easily put that ganache onto this recipe. Yum!
Made a dark chocolate cherry version! I did a batch and a half in an 8" springform (in my 8qt IP), and cooked it 32min (perfect). Used very dark chocolate (85%) cuz that's what we love, so it's a very rich cheesecake!! Looking forward to eating it tomorrow!
Oh my gosh this sounds delish! I've been wanting to try cherry but just haven't had the time yet. YUM!
I used frozen sweet cherries, and doubled the amount of cherry purée since the flavour is milder. It was excellent, and enjoyed by all!
How long would i cook them if i used single serve (mini) springform pans?
Not certain since this isn't the size I used. But I would start with 18 minutes and work up from there.