The new year is finally here. We have been on a holiday break for the last week and loving every minute of it spending time with family and friends and just enjoying a much needed break from the chocolate business. Before I know it, Valentines day will be here and we will be back to the craziness of the chocolate world.
I was in Dallas last week for a day and stopped by a crepe restaurant for breakfast before meeting a client. I almost never get crepes and I decided to make some at home this week. They are so simple, I don’t know why I never make them. I guess it’s kinda like the general contractor whose house is always in need of a repair. I’m the chocolatier that never has time to make chocolate things while at home.
The fillings can basically be anything you would want. I’m a fan of fruits in my crepes. You could even go with something as simple as peanut butter and jelly if you didn’t want to cook anything else other than the crepe.
I hope you enjoy the crepes as much as I did. I wish you a happy new year and a year of fabulous food!
- 172 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 24 Grams Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter plus more for brushing on pan
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter.
- Pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan and then tilt the pan in all directions to cover the bottom evenly.
- Cook about 1 minute, or until browned on the bottom.
- Turn and cook briefly on the other side.
- Cool on a rack as you finish making the rest.