Like everyone else out there, we got an Instant Pot on black Friday from Amazon. I have been hearing great things about this little gadget and I could resist no longer. I will say it took me a little while to open it. With the holidays our chocolate shop was swamped and we just had no time. And I’ll also say, it was a wee bit intimidating. There is something scary about a pot that can blow up at any moment! I know I’m not alone in that thought, right?!?
The day finally came after Christmas I decided to give it a go. I read the instruction manual, about 100 times. I can probably still recite it. (It’s not that much info) I then went for the water test to make sure it heated up properly and there were no issues. All was good so far. Now what to cook?
Everyone said how easy cheesecake was, so I figured why not. The first cheesecake I made was a New York style topped with caramel and pecan brittle bark. I was amazed at how easy it was and how perfectly cooked it was. Hmmm, I thought. What else could I try? Of course chocolate things are always the goal for me, so I figured why not try a chocolate cheesecake. I did some research and saw a recipe in The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book for chocolate cheesecake. I gave it a go. It was good, but needed a few modifications, like more chocolate. After some testing we came up with the triple chocolate cheesecake.
This is over the top decadent. Super rich and a little goes a long way. But soooooo good! We have now made four chocolate cheesecakes and everyone I know has broken all New Year resolutions for weight loss.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Happy New Year!
- 20 whole Oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted then cooled
- 1 lb room temperature cream cheese (At least 2 hours at room temp)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 whole egg - room temperature
- 2 egg yolks - room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz of chocolate (53% - 60%) Melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate
- 3 oz heavy whipping cream
- Spray the 7" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Add two cups of water to the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to lift the cheesecake in and out of the instant pot.
- In a food processor combine the whole Oreo cookies and the butter.
- Pour the crumb butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and pat until even and going up the sides of the pan. Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese with dark brown and white sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Once combined, add one egg followed by the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the melted chocolate and sour cream.
- Continually scrape the bowl down. Add vanilla and flour and mix until creamy.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and slowly lower into the Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 28 minutes.
- Once done, turn machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use sling to transfer pan to cooling rack for an hour.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Put the 3/4 cup of chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream to a simmer. Pour over chocolate.
- Chocolate will melt, stir until incorporated. Once incorporated, use a spatula and spread over the top of the cake.
- Put back in refrigerator to cool.